Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Robbie Rivera - Wet Kitty Pool Party at the Fountainbleau

So this weekend was the Grand Opening of the Wet Kitty pool party at the world famous Fountainbleau Hotel in Miami Beach. The event was located at the poolside area of the new Arkadia nightclub located on the ground floor of the Chateau.

The Event featured one of my longtime favorite DJ's Robbie Rivera. When I first started getting into the House Music scene and the Miami Clubs back in 2005-2006 he was the first DJ I really got in to. It was a great opportunity to catch one of my favorite DJ's Spinning, especially since I hadn't seen him in over a year, Probably since WMC 2009 and he didn't disappoint.

For my group and I this was a little warm up/teaser to the pool parties coming around in less than 3 weeks for WMC 2011 at the Surfcomber, Shelborne and Club 50 at the Gansevoort Hotel. The event was called the Wet Kitty Pool Party, the perfect name for this event considering my group of friends refer to each other as the Kitties, it felt like a party dedicated to us. It was a great way to get into the WMC state of mind.

The drinks were a little expensive, but its the Fountainbleau, what do you expect? Only complaint is, I don't like my beer out of a can thank you very much. It was a nice venue, a little small in comparison to the Surfcomber but really really nice otherwise. The crowd was young and full of life, perfect place to people watch which is exactly what a lot of the older people staying at the Fountainbleau were doing. It was pretty funny actually, there was a whole crowd of tourists standing in the lobby looking out a window down onto the pool area looking shocked or amazed at the madness occurring in the pool. Robbie kept the crowd going of course and the party lasted till about 8 pm when everyone left and headed to Nikki Beach to continue partying. All I can think of now is Winter Music Conference and the Pool Parties to come. Here are some pictures of the event, enjoy and remember always party safe.

























No comments:

Post a Comment