Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spotlight - Life & Death Productions

This is a new thing I'm doing with the blog. Every couple weeks I'm going to be showcasing an up and coming artist and showcase some of their material. Whether your a DJ, A rapper, A singer, or a Producer and are interested in being showcased, just drop me a line at StreetJMusic@gmail.com with 3-5 of your hottest Songs or Videos, Ill review them and give them a rating. Looking forward to hearing what some of you have up your sleeves.


For the first installment of the Spotlight, I bring to you Tero Jylhä aka Life & Death Productions hailing out of Virrad, Finland. Life & Death Productions is a music production company that provides original Hip hop, Rap, Pop, Rnb, Electronic and Soundtrack instrumentals for artists and companies. Tero Jylhä was born in Helsinki, Finalnd on the 15th of November, 1990. Currently residing in Virrat, he has been specializing in the craft of beat making for a solid five years for more information be sure to visit Soundclick: Life & Death Productions or check him out on his facebook page.

1. Up first is A Bedtime Story. The intro begins with some really nifty piano work, its smooth and gentle and leads perfectly into the drop. The drum pattern compliments the piano work really well. I'm really enjoying how everything comes together for the hook, this beat sounds dramatic and epic, a nice storytelling instrumental, I can picture someone like Nasty Nas on this, but this can be flipped in multiple directions and any emcee with the right touch can make this their own.

2. Next is Full Clip, I'm really enjoying this. Fresh, the selection of instruments is perfect, the melody at the beginning is nice and the drop comes in and sets the tone immediately. This is Dark & Gritty, and right up my alley. Maintains an urban sound while refraining from the typical instruments anyone else would use. I really enjoy the drum work on this. Be sure to give this one more than 1 listen.

3. Third is Garden of Secrets, this one here has an EPIC sound, it reminds me of a tragedy. Like a scene out of a movie, where the protagonist just experienced something life changing. I'm not sure what that instrument layered on the melody on the hook is but it sounds like a violin or some of sort of strings, which complement and tie the whole song nicely. This I can picture as a song where the artist would reminisce on moments in his life. Well done Tero!

4. Next up is I Dreamed Last Night. All I can say about this is WHOA, really really nice, I dont want to get into technicalities on the skill and quality of the production. You know when you hear something and you like it but you don't know why? It just sounds good? Well this is it, I love the way this sounds. This is Right up my alley, so far my favorite of the beats I've heard, and thats really all I can say about this.

5. Finally we have Terminate on Sight!, Perfect name for this track! I can picture a collection of artists performing on this just going back and forth taking turns, this would make a nice posse cut! The melody is just RUGGED, powerful music right here!

Overall I must say Life & Death Productions has come a long way since I first heard of them. The music has really improved, Tero has really found a sound to distinguish from other up & coming producers. I really enjoyed most the tracks, but I must say, Terminate on Sight & I dreamed Last Night were by far my favorites.

Anyone interested in contacting Life & Death Productions just email him at lifeanddeathproductions@hotmail.com, tell him Kolt sent ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment